Wednesday 28 November 2012

Jungle Diet

So Rosemary Shrager has come out of the jungle 2 stone lighter. Why she got like that in the first place, along with Colin Baker, isn't clear, but why don't the overweight people watching take note how much happier and pleased with themselves they are? Two weeks on rice and beans and Bob's your uncle. Cheap. Simple. Nutritious. Yes, boring as hell, and you're damned hungry, but grow a spine and some wil power and put up with it. Two weeks. And she's happier, lighter, better, healthier.  It's really a no brainer.
      As mentioned in my earlier post, I woke up on 1st January this year and decided that the photograph of me on Christmas day with the back fat and the chubby cheeks just wasn't me. The thin person was struggling to get out of plump one. I wasn't fat. Most people didn't think I needed to do it. But I did it 7 years ago after my last baby, and it was time to do it again.
    My goal was our summer holiday in Mallorca where we would be with my slim sister and even slimmer Miss Flower, who used to be our night nanny.
    So how did I do it? Well, first off I wish I'd patented my own idea of what is now fashionable, which is the intermittent fasting diet. My own version was to start the diet off with two days of fierce fasting, just to get my mind round the new regime (incidentally the French word for diet). I reckoned my biggish bod could cope with a bit of deprivation.  Otherwise it would be marching straight back to the toaster and the biscuit tin. I kept on a few treats, coffee, cheese and wine so I wasn't totally denying myself.
    Then it was basically cutting out things such as bread and chocolate, and introducing new, healthy, delicious things such as ryvita, avocado, tomato, cottage cheese, fruit, yoghurt, porridge with brown sugar, and regulating helpings and meal times. Broke all the rules. No breakfast, first meal at midday, trying not to eat after 6pm except sometimes Horlicks to stop hunger at night.
   Hmm. Might contact my editor at the Health Section at the Mail on Sunday, see what he thinks about a column?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment